The Trust was founded by practising teachers and school leaders. We are a charity dedicated to improving the educational outcomes of students by raising the quality of teacher professional development.
|Chief Executive: David Weston MEng (Oxon) ALCM PGCE, a former maths, physics and ICT teacher with nine years experience, a former consultant specialising in data and assessment, and author of physics textbook materials for Pearson. He is a Visiting Fellow at the Institute of Education and has trained TeachFirst students at Canterbury Christ Church University and Kings College. He founded the Teacher Development Trust in 2012. David.Weston@TDTrust.org|
|Development Director: Adrian Smith, Business Development & consultancy, formerly Director at Tribal Education and CEO at SciSys Plc. Adrian.Smith@TDTrust.org|
|Chief Operations Officer: Shirley Ellen Gaynor, former ICT teacher (TeachFirst), Future Leaders Chief Operating Officer, and member of Improvement team specialising in business planning, processes and IT solutions. Shirley.Gaynor@TDTrust.org|
|National Teacher Enquiry Network Support Officer: Bridget Clay, former maths teacher (TeachFirst) and consultant at CfBT Education Trust. Bridget.Clay@TDTrust.org|
|GoodCPDGuide Support Officer: Sarah Coskeran, . Modern Foreign Languages graduate, former languages teacher in China. Sarah.Coskeran@TDTrust.org|
|NTEN Programmes Support: James Watson, Politics graduate, former research assistant at an environmental NGO and VSO volunteer. James.Watson@TDTrust.org|
|Public Relations and Media Advisers: Laura Smith & Della Bolat, Consilium Communications. firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com - 07766 651 366|
- Juliet Brookes, Senior Manager, Research & Development Networks at the National College.
- Professor Rob Coe, Professor in the School of Education and Director of the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring (CEM).
- Philippa Cordingley, Chief Executive, Centre for the Use of Research and Evidence in Education (CUREE).
- Professor Pete Dudley, Associate Director of Children’s Services in the London Borough of Camden and Professor of Education, University of Leicester. Honorary Secretary of the World Association of Lesson Studies. Formerly Director of the National Primary Strategy.
- Liz Francis, Deputy Director, Performance Unit, Department for Education. Formerly director of workforce strategy, standards and qualifications at TDA.
- Laura McInerney, Fulbright Scholar, journalist, author, former teacher and consultant at LKMco.
- Dr. Jonathan Sharples, Manager of Partnerships at the Institute of Effective Education, currently seconded to the Education Endowment Foundation.
- Chair: Mark McCourt, formerly Senior Director at Tribal, Director at NCETM, school leader, inspector and AST.
- Trustee: John Bangs, Visiting Professor of the Institute of Education, Senior Research Association at the Faculty of Education, Cambridge, Chair of the OECDs Education, Training and Employment Group and Special Consultant to Education International. Formerly Assistant Secretary of the National Union of Teachers in charge of Education/Training/Equal Opportunities.
- Trustee: Andy Buck, formerly Director of Teaching Schools at the National College; now Managing Director at the United Learning Trust (ULT).
- Trustee: Bill Donoghue, Managing Director of TSL Education Limited (publisher of the Times Education Supplement).
- Trustee: Sam Freedman, Research, Evaluation and Impact Director at TeachFirst, formerly Policy Advisor to Michael Gove at the Department for Education.
- Trustee: Charlotte Leslie MP, representing the constituency of Bristol North West, member of the parliamentary Education Select Committee, former policy adviser to the shadow secretary for education and skills.
- Trustee: Dame Alison Peacock, National Network Leader at The Cambridge Primary Review, Headteacher at The Wroxham School (A National Teaching School).
- Trustee: Anna Pedroza, An independent communications and marketing consultant who works with TeachersMedia, Edcoms, O2 Learn and IRIS Connect. Formerly Director of Marketing and Communications at Teachers TV.
- Trustee: Martin Post, Headmaster of Watford Grammar School for Boys and National Leader of Education.
- Trustee: Robin Schlinkert, Sales manager at Google, former Senior Associate at McKinsey.